After all of the preventing, missed weight and chaos, followers will get a combat they’ve dreamed about when Nate Diaz takes on Tony Ferguson in the principle occasion at UFC 279 on Saturday, Sept. 10.
In fact, it wasn’t supposed to be this manner. Not solely was Thursday’s press convention canceled after fighters and their groups engaged in a melee. However Diaz’s authentic opponent Khazmat Chimaev missed weight by a whopping 7 kilos. That provides us UFC: 279: Diaz vs. Ferguson live at 10 p.m. on ESPN+ pay-per-view.
[Stream UFC 279: Diaz vs. Ferguson on ESPN+ PPV]
It’s one of many craziest combat weeks we’ve ever seen. Ultimately we get a combat that followers have lengthy clamored for: Nate Diaz and Tony Ferguson, supposedly previous their primes, going at it to show who continues to be related. Add to that the actual fact it’s the final combat on Diaz’s UFC contract and you’ve got potential fireworks.
How did we get right here?
Thursday’s brawl started after Chimaev and fighter Kevin Holland exchanged phrases. Holland was to face Daniel Rodriguez on the undercard. However then Chimaev missed weight on Friday.
With Chimaev weighing a lot greater than Diaz, the UFC scrambled, shifting fighters round. Diaz will now tackle Ferguson at welterweight and Holland and Chimaev (who each weighed in shut to 180 kilos) can settle the feud they began backstage. That leaves Li Jingaling (Ferguson’s authentic opponent at UFC 279) to tackle Daniel Rodriguez (Holland’s authentic opponent). Bought that? Good.
What time does UFC 279 start?
Whatever the adjustments, that is arguably a extra anticipated card than it was prior to Thursday. Early prelims for UFC 279 start at 6 p.m. EST and stream completely on UFC Struggle Go. Common prelims start at 8 p.m. and air on ESPNews or ESPN+. The principle card begins at 10 p.m. on ESPN+ pay-per-view with the showdown between Chimaev and Diaz possible to start simply after midnight, relying on the size of the undercard fights.
How to watch it?
MMA followers craving the prelims can subscribe and obtain the UFC Struggle Go app. For the prelims, ESPNews is accessible on Fubo TV, which is presently providing a FREE TRIAL for its streaming packages. UFC 279′s principal card is accessible through pay-per-view on ESPN+ (Click on HERE to order).
The PPV value for UFC 279 is $74.99 for present subscribers. New subscribers pays a bundle value of $99.98 for the pay-per-view and an ESPN+ annual subscription. You can even join the Disney Bundle, which options subscriptions to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu.
You possibly can try the total record of fights for UFC 279 beneath, that includes odds from Caesar’s Sportsbook. You’ll need to listen intently. Diaz went from an enormous underdog towards Chimaev to an in depth combat odds-wise with Ferguson. Now it’s Holland who the sportsbooks assume will get smashed.
- Tony Ferguson -170 vs. Nate Diaz +145, welterweights
- Khamzat Chimaev -420 vs. Kevin Holland +330, 180-pound catchweight
- Daniel Rodriguez -160 vs. Li Jingliang +135, 180-pound catchweight
- Irene Aldana -175 vs. Macy Chiasson +150, girls’s bantamweights
- Ion Cutelaba -220 vs. Johnny Walker +180, gentle heavyweights
- Hakeem Dawodu -230 vs. Julian Erosa +190, featherweights
- Jailton Almeida -700 vs. Anton Turkalj +500, gentle heavyweights
- Jamie Pickett -135 vs. Denis Tiuliulin +115, middleweights
- Jake Collier -440 vs. Chris Barnett +340, heavyweights
- Norma Dumont -420 vs. Danyelle Wolf +330, girls’s featherweights
- Alatengheili -165 vs. Chad Anheliger +140, bantamweights
- Melissa Martinez -170 vs. Elise Reed +145, girls’s strawweights
- Darian Weeks -125 vs. Yohan Lainesse +105, welterweights
UFC 279: Diaz vs. Ferguson
When: Saturday, Sept. 10
The place: T-Cellular Enviornment – Paradise, Nev.
Start time: 6 p.m. early prelims; 8 p.m. preliminary card
Major card: 10 p.m. (principal occasion to start simply after midnight, roughly)
Watch: Stream the principle card on ESPN+ pay-per-view for $74.99